Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Favorite Summer Spot

It is vacation time and once again I look forward to spending a lazy week at the Jersey Shore. No, not the reality TV show, the real New Jersey shore. For as long as I can remember, we have been going to Cape May. Located at the southernmost tip of the state, this historic beachfront community is a lot like Cape Cod - but without the five hour drive. We rent a condo, pack a bag, and unwind from the stress of the year.

I can already see myself stretched out on a lounge chair next to the pool, a glass of iced tea in one hand and my Kindle in the other. After all the sun and surf we can tolerate, my husband and I will stroll into town for dinner and check out the art galleries. On Thursday, we'll grab a couple of chairs and spend the night watching a classic movie on the beach (one of the more popular things to do in Cape May). And of course we will make time for a walk or two on the Promenade.

Too bad it's only for one week a year.

Do you have a favorite summer spot? Inquiring minds would love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment